Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2011

Article 19: Tenkan Waza

Morning all,

It's my last day of work today before the wonderful summer holiday,my marriage and honeymoon.  So, as a little reward to myself I brought myself an Iwata dogi lovely (but beware customs) and thought I'd write an article before I go do work.

In reaction to my last article, I've been spending time just doing the tenkan henka of my tehodoki waza.  To zoom in even further, in the main I've been breaking down the Osae Waza.



Shomen Ichi Ikkajo Osae Ni:


Smoothness is the main element that I need to build into this technique.  After the initial blocking movement I don't try and grab the arm anymore, and my control looks pretty light.  Much lighter than is did previously, unlike the Yoshinkan Kihon waza I have to make a small 60/40 step before the pivot.  I am sure than I can make that much more coordinated.  Interestingly enough after training with Ekel Sensei over the weekend, I learnt the value of 'just passing' uke. There is no need to fight them, or push back at them during the form.

The most important target for all the Osae Ni techniques has to be the tenkan, shift and drop.  I'm going to drill in this movement whilst I am away on honeymoon and hopefully I'll get back to you in August with some new problems.

Katate Mochi Nikkajo Osae Ni:

I'm going to change the form here slightly, because I wanted to build a tenkan into the start of the movement. I've tried it the last few weeks and if I make a 140 degree pivot rather than 180, I can go straight for the Nikkajo rather than stepping off the line to do the atemi (which works so much better in the Ichi version).

When I pivot I really 'load up' the front leg in an effort to maintain Jushinmae. Sadly,my back foot peels off the floor this is something I must stop.




Just saw this guy doing the Ikkajo Osae Ichi..... excellent.

And on that note I've gotta do some work.

Train hard and with form.

Osu.

No comments:

Post a Comment